Preparing for First Responders
Today during week two of National Preparedness Month (NPM) we will be focusing on First Responders (Police, Fire, EMS, Nurses, and Public Utility)
First responders who are well-prepared will have the peace of mind to focus on the task at hand, rather than worrying about whether their family is taken care of. First responders can also serve as role models for other members of the community, leading by example to encourage preparedness.
- Build an emergency supply kit.
- Make a family emergency plan.
- Be informed about the types of emergencies that you may be called upon to respond to, and teach your family about what they should do when a disaster strikes.
- Prepare for any special considerations like individuals with access or functional needs, older adults, children, ands pets.
A successful organizational preparedness program needs:
- A clear vision
- Actionable objectives and goals
- Defined deliverables and timelines
- Regular reviews
- Identify potential obstacle and challenges
This process requires the buy-in of leadership and the agency to bring about the necessary cultural change in the organization.
LOCAL FIRST RESPONDER PHONE NUMBERS
|Shelby County Fire||379-7070|
|Shelby County Sheriff||379-7625|
Putting Together a Winter Home Emergency Kit
Creating a home emergency kit can be a simple to enormous undertaking depending on the level of energy and preparat...
Is That Switchblade Legal? Knife Laws by Region and State (Midwest)
Is that Switchblade Legal? Know your State's Knife Laws. The Midwest Region of the U.S. Illinois Knife Laws What is ...
Is That Switchblade Legal? Knife Laws by Region and State (West)
Is that Switchblade Legal? Know your State's Knife Laws. The West Region of the U.S, Alaska Knife Laws What is Leg...